Thursday 17 January 2013

Lets Talk Digital

As a university student studying journalism it would be in my best interest to enhance my knowledge on the topic by exploring different forms and areas of journalism. One of these being digital culture, digital culture is a modern form of journalism that crucially examines both the social and cultural of new digital media technologies. I chose to study digital cultures because it gives me a clear insight into technology and ways of bring together information using technology and other forms of the media mainly which is internet based.
Amongst other things a vital part of digital culture which students in particular come across now and again is academic blogging. Whilst studying media in college I came across many difficulties and things that challenged my ability one of which happens to be the art of internet blogging when I started off setting up my blog and writing my first post I found it all to be a bit of a blur and rather confusing but as time passed I got used to it and found it be quite an easy process. Internet blogging enables you to share assembled information with a clear elaboration on each topic as well as expressing your own opinion on the area under discussion. And if you choose to blog for an academic purpose you would often be asked to reference your work referencing is important as it shows that you have quoted or taken information from a reliable source and that you have not plagiarised your work.
People choose to blog for a number of different reasons whether it is for social usage in which case they use it to connect with friends and share things that are currently relevant or for academic usage often used to post essays and videos. Where education is concerned academic blogging is highly relevant and is a modern form of technology that helps you distribute information that people can read so in some ways it is similar to writing articles and reviews which are later published online for others to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment